The 24-credit certificate is a professional certificate aimed at individuals who wish to combine knowledge of public administration and law with expertise in another area demonstrated through the achievement of at least an undergraduate degree. This reflects the fact that the public sector employs individuals from diverse professional backgrounds, but their progress through the ranks typically requires an understanding of the legal and administrative aspects of government. Upon completion of the certificate, students will:
- have a working knowledge of public administration and its hierarchy
- have an understanding of the role of law within government
- be familiar with the legal as well as administrative workings of government
- be able to analyze the relationship between law, politics and public administration in a critical manner.
- possess research skills in social science research as it pertains to public law and public administration, and in basic legal research.