The 24-credit Professional Certificate in Public Policy Analysis will appeal to individuals who have an interest in public policy analysis and who want their academic record to reflect the completion of a cluster of courses in public policy analysis in a formal way. Upon completion of the certificate, students will be competent to perform analysis of public policies in light of the role of government in civil society through:
- linking theory to practice
- having an understanding of financing of public policy programs including revenue sources and the decision-making rules for the allocation of funds;
- familiarity with the implementation of public policies through the structures of public administration;
- knowledge of the impact of social and economic policies;
- well-developed research and critical thinking skills;
- practical project-based experience in some of the optional courses with an experiential education component.